As a homeowner, pests can be a frustrating and sometimes costly problem. Whether it is ants in the kitchen, rodents in the attic, or termites in the walls, pests can cause damage to your home and put your family’s health at risk. That’s right, pests are more than well, pesty, they are also a real health risk. Which means, it is absolutely necessary to take them seriously.
How to Tell if Your House Needs an Emergency Pest Service
While some pest infestations can be dealt with over time, others require emergency pest services. Here are some signs to look out for that may indicate the immediate need for emergency pest services:
- Active infestations: If you notice an active infestation of pests, such as ants or cockroaches, this may indicate a larger problem you aren’t yet aware of. While DIY treatments may temporarily mitigate the situation, these pests can reproduce quickly and spread throughout your home. Contact an emergency pest service immediately to avoid the infestation from getting worse.
- Dangerous pests: Certain pests, such as wasps or venomous insects, can pose a danger to your family’s health and safety. If you notice these pests around your home or property, it’s important to seek emergency pest services as soon as possible.
- Damage to your home: Pests such as termites, rodents, and carpenter ants can cause significant damage to your home’s structure. If you notice any signs of damage, such as holes in the walls or chewed wiring, this may be a sign of a larger pest problem that requires immediate attention.
- Strong and unpleasant odors: Certain pests, such as rodents or dead animals, can create strong and unpleasant odors that can be difficult to eliminate. If you notice a strong odor coming from your home or property, contact an emergency pest service to investigate the issue.
- Sudden appearance of pests: If you suddenly notice many pests appearing in your home, this may point to a larger infestation requiring emergency pest services. Pests such as bed bugs or fleas can quickly spread throughout your home, taking over every room, and making it difficult to control the situation on your own.
As you can clearly see, homeowners should be aware of the signs that may indicate the need for emergency pest services. If you notice an active infestation, dangerous pests, damage to your home, strong odors, or a sudden appearance of pests, it’s important to seek professional help as soon as possible.
Emergency pest services will quickly and effectively eliminate pests from your home, protect your family’s health and safety, and prevent further damage to your property. Plus, give you some solid peace of mind.
Common Household Pests Found in and around Phoenix Arizona
Phoenix homeowners need to be aware of several common pests that can cause damage to their homes and potentially pose a risk to their health. Here are some of the most common pests that Phoenix homeowners need to worry about:
- Termites: Termites are one of the most destructive pests that homeowners in Phoenix need to worry about. These insects feed on wood and can cause serious damage to the structure of your home if left untreated.
- Scorpions: Arizona is home to several species of scorpions, and their venom can be dangerous to humans. They are attracted to water and can often be found around swimming pools, so it’s important to be cautious when swimming or using the pool area.
- Ants: There are several species of ants that are common in Phoenix, including carpenter ants and fire ants. Carpenter ants can cause damage to your home’s structure, while fire ants can deliver painful stings. (Neither is a good thing and the creatures will only multiply and grow larger colonies.)
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches are known to spread diseases and can trigger allergies and asthma. They are commonly found in kitchens and bathrooms and can reproduce quickly if left untreated.
- Rodents: Rats and mice are common pests in Phoenix and can cause damage to your home’s insulation and electrical wiring. They can also spread diseases and pose a threat to your family’s health.
- Bed bugs: Bed bugs can be difficult to detect and can quickly spread throughout your home. They feed on human blood and their bites can cause itching and allergic reactions. This should be of particular concern, especially for households with children and even seniors.
It’s important for Phoenix homeowners to take preventative measures to reduce the risk of a pest infestation. This can include sealing cracks and openings in your home’s exterior, eliminating standing water, and storing food in airtight containers.
If you suspect a pest infestation in your home, it’s a good idea to contact a professional pest control service to address the problem before it becomes more severe and grows out of control.