Sewer roaches, also known as water bugs, are a type of cockroach that is commonly found in and around homes. They are attracted to moisture and food, and they can quickly become a major problem if they are not controlled. (And, like any of their cousin species, they are gross and dirty creatures.) So, it’s unsurprising that if you see one or more in your house, you’d want to get rid of them as quickly as possible.
Common Problems Caused by Sewer Roaches
Okay, so sewer roaches are not only cringe-inducing creepy-crawlies, but they can also cause a number of serious problems in a house, including:
- Sanitation problems. Sewer roaches are attracted to filth and decay, so they can quickly contaminate food and surfaces in your home. This can lead to the spread of disease.
- Allergic reactions. Some people are allergic to sewer roach saliva and droppings. This can cause symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, and itching.
- Property damage. Sewer roaches can damage your home by chewing through electrical wires and other materials. They can also contaminate your food and water supply.
- Mental health problems. The presence of sewer roaches can cause anxiety, stress, and sleep problems.
If you have sewer roaches in your home, it is important to take action to get rid of them right away. You can do this by following the tips below or by calling a professional pest control company.
How to Get Sewer Roaches Out of Your Phoenix Home
There are a number of ways to get rid of sewer roaches, and the best method will vary depending on the severity of the infestation. However, there are a few general steps that can be taken to get rid of sewer roaches:
- Identify the source of the infestation. The first step to getting rid of sewer roaches is to identify the source of the infestation. Sewer roaches typically enter homes through cracks and crevices around windows and doors, as well as through plumbing fixtures. Once they have entered a home, they will often nest in dark, damp areas such as basements, crawl spaces, and under sinks.
- Seal up any entry points. Once you have identified the source of the infestation, it is important to seal up any entry points that the sewer roaches are using to get into your home. This can be done by caulking cracks and crevices around windows and doors, and by installing screens on plumbing fixtures.
- Clean up any food or water sources. Sewer roaches attract moisture and food, so it is important to clean up any food or water sources that may lead them into your home. This includes things like spills, crumbs, and pet food. You should also make sure to keep your drains clean and free of standing water.
- Use insecticides. If the infestation is severe, you may need to use insecticides to kill the sewer roaches. There are a number of different insecticides available, so it is important to choose one that is specifically designed for use against sewer roaches. You should also follow the instructions on the product label carefully.
- Call a professional. If the infestation is severe or if you are unable to get rid of the sewer roaches yourself, you may need to call a professional pest control company. Pest control companies have the experience and equipment necessary to get rid of sewer roaches safely and effectively.
More Tips and Tricks to Prevent Sewer Roaches from Invading Your Property
Although the above steps will certainly help, you can do more. Here are some additional tips to help prevent sewer roaches from entering your home:
- Keep your home clean and free of clutter.
- Repair any leaks in your plumbing.
- Install screens on all windows and doors.
- Use a dehumidifier in basements and crawl spaces.
- Seal up any cracks or crevices around windows and doors.
- Inspect your home regularly for signs of sewer roaches.
By following these tips, you can help to prevent sewer roaches from entering your home and causing problems.
Why Call Invader Pest Management to Rid Your House of Sewer Roaches
Let’s face it, most people just are equipped to sufficiently deal with almost any type of infestation. So, there are a few good reasons why you might should call a professional to rid your house of sewer roaches:
- Professionals have the experience and equipment necessary to get rid of sewer roaches safely and effectively. They know how to identify the source of the infestation, how to seal up entry points, and how to use insecticides safely. They also have access to specialized equipment, such as heat treatments and fumigation, that can be used to kill sewer roaches.
- Professionals can help to prevent future infestations. They can identify and fix any problems that may be attracting sewer roaches to your home, such as leaks or cracks in your foundation. They can also recommend steps you can take to keep your home clean and free of food and water sources that may attract sewer roaches.
- Professionals can provide peace of mind. Knowing that the sewer roaches have been removed by a professional can give you peace of mind and allow you to enjoy your home again.
When you have any sort of pest problem, just give us a call. We’ll send out an experienced technician to assess the situation and apply the necessary treatment(s). Don’t wait, because it will only get worse!