Pigeons are recognized as the number one pest bird around the world. They pose a slew of serious health threats and cause a great deal of structural damage when infestations are left untreated. The worst part? All pigeons are homing pigeons. That means, if they were born there, it is their home forever – so they will always return and reproduce on your property. If you’re dealing with a pigeon invasion, let the professionals at Invader Pest Management make them find a new home.
Multi-Faceted Strategies That Work
Every pigeon infestation is different and the course of treatment is highly dependent on the specifics of each situation. Here at Invader Pest Management, we offer multi-faceted treatment plans that focus on flock reduction first and exclusion second. Through the utilization of both methods, pigeons will not simply just move to a new area that has not been treated with exclusion materials. Instead, by reducing the number of birds first, we can more effectively prevent others from landing, roosting, and nesting near your home or business. e offer the following methods and more for effective bird control:
- OvoControl® P – Birth control program for managing large pigeon flocks, without the use of pesticides.
- EBS – Electronic Bird-Shock – A flexible track that can humanely scare and retrain birds from entering a "tracked" area with a mild shock.
- Bird Slope – Utilizes a triangular shaped insert that can be installed on ledges for all species of birds; they simply can’t get a grip and will “slide” right off
- Eagle Eye – An optical bird scare device that deters birds from unwanted areas by making use of light beams reflected from direct or artificial light.
Same-Day Treatment For Fast Relief
We understand when it comes to eliminating your pigeon infestation, you have many companies to choose from. Here at Invader Pest Management, we pride ourselves on being one of the best pest control companies in the greater Phoenix area. With over 160 online reviews and a 5.0 star rating, our customers would also agree! Aside from delivering superior customer service and guaranteed results, we also offer:
- Eco-friendly treatment methods: We only resort to chemicals and pesticides as a last resort to make sure your family - and the environment’s - safety are put first.
- Same-day service: We understand you don’t want to wait long for relief when dealing with an infestation, so we’re happy to provide the fastest relief possible.
- Highly trained technicians: All of our technicians are experts in their industry who have completed rigorous training, so you can be confident you are receiving the best possible treatment.
- Tips & tricks from our experts: Our team will always provide you with helpful tips and tricks so you can make your home or facility less bird-friendly in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you really get rid of my pigeon problem?
Yes, we really can get rid of your pigeon infestation. However, unlike most other companies, we focus on flock reduction as the primary service and exclusion as the secondary service. Too many pigeons will just move to another area not treated with exclusion materials, so it is important to reduce number of birds in the flock, then prevent others from landing, roosting and nesting on your home.
Why is it so important to keep the birds off my home?
All pigeons are homing pigeons, that basically means, they were born there and will return there, it’s their home, as well as each future generation (the entire flock). The most important benefit of exclusion is stopping pigeons from nesting and reproducing on your structure, if they are born there, it’s home forever!
The damage can be extensive, not only the unsightly mess they make, but their urine and droppings are so acidic it will destroy your roof. Even the concrete tiles designed as a 50-year roof, have been reduced to 7 years because of damage cause by bird droppings. Pigeons that have found ways into your attics, have destroyed the insulation, and introduced bird mites, germs and disease and odor issues into the structure.
Birth Control for birds, really?
It’s true, we can now control the reproductive cycle of the pigeon, as well as other select birds. In urban populations, a pigeon’s average life span is 2 years, so if we can limit the number of offspring produced from the female bird, she will enjoy the rest of her natural life, and will not produce more birds.
Is pigeon poop Toxic to humans?
The answer is YES and not only to humans, but animals as well can be affected. Histoplasmosis, a respiratory disease occurs as a result of a fungus growing in pigeon droppings. The disease is transmitted by airborne fungus spores easily spread by wind or even sweeping up the pigeon droppings. The disease can cause high fever blood abnormalities, pneumonia and even death.
Is it really that important for me to get rid of pigeons on my house?
Pigeons carry a number of germs and diseases, especially in their droppings. When their waste builds up it is not only unsightly and disgusting, and when blown or swept, airborne fungus spores can be inhaled when doors are opened or when sucked into the fresh air vents of A/C and swamp cooler units.
Your Satisfaction, Guaranteed!
We are proud to have been helping home and business owners combat their pigeon infestations for over 25 years! It is our goal to keep our customers satisfied through every step of treatment. In fact, we are so confident in our services, we guarantee satisfaction. If for any reason you are left dissatisfied, all you have to do is call and we promise to work with you to make it right!