The employees and ownership of INVADER Pest Management understands the vital role we play in protecting our natural resources, as well as the health and property of our valued customers. We take our social responsibility and environmental stewardship quite seriously.
In our efforts to meet the needs of our clients and the communities we serve, our pest control services are based on an Integrated Pest Management approach to controlling pests on your properties.
Integrated pest management is an ideal strategy for controlling pests in commercial properties. The basic premise for IPM is to control pests utilizing a variety of control methods while reducing the reliance on pesticides. In simple terms, IPM calls for identifying the sources of pest infestations, identifying conditions which contribute to pest infestations, monitoring for pest activity and focusing control efforts at the sources of pest activity. IPM must be a cooperative effort between the pest control professional and the commercial management team. If sanitation problems and other conditions contribute to fostering the growth and development of pest infestations, often more pesticide use may be necessary to correct or prevent the pest infestations. The concept of IPM and it’s importance to our over all pest control program must be communicated to the commercial management team and their employees. Their cooperation will help to ensure the success of the Integrated Pest Management Program.
We adhere to the following components of an Integrated Pest Management program by:
- Conducting a thorough inspection of the property.
- Making sanitation recommendations.
- Excluding pests before they get in.
- The use of mechanical controls, and glue boards.
- The use of cultural controls (making recommendations like keeping tree limbs and shrubbery away from the property and trimmed up close to prevent excessive leaf debris.
- The use of biological controls such as larvicides and pheromones.
- The judicious use of low impact materials if and when needed such as organics, products made from plant oils and plant extracts.
- Educating the customer and communicating with them.
Invader Pest Management was one of the very first pest control service companies in the state of Arizona to become a member of the EPA’s Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program. We have submitted our 5-year goals for pesticide risk reduction.
Our company has recently met the requirements for Pro School Certification which promotes the use of IPM in providing pest control services for public, private and charter schools. We are also in the process of becoming Green PRO certified through the National Pest Management Association.
The GreenPro certification means that your pest management provider must comply with a multitude of qualifications to ensure that you receive a safe and effective service each time they arrive at your door. GreenPro is the most widely recognized certification available to companies in the pest management industry.
- It has the most comprehensive standards of any available program.
- Requires companies that participate to submit to independent audits.
- Service technicians, salespersons and managers must be trained, tested and recertified.
In addition to green pest management service standards, participating companies are also evaluated on business operations, such as criminal background checks, reference checks, drug screening and more, prior to being able to participate in GreenPro.
We understand that many people these days are wary of pest control companies because they don’t want a lot of unknown chemicals being sprayed and spread around their homes. At Invader Pest Management, we take your family’s health and safety very seriously and we strive to be good stewards of the environment as well. Because your needs are our first priority, we see it as our responsibility as professionals to offer you these three choices:
Option #1 The Healthy Home Pest Prevention Program
This option makes use of low impact materials in the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) process to eliminate and control pests both in and around the home. The Healthy Home Pest Prevention Program is environmentally responsible and includes:
- We will make a complete and thorough inspection of your home and surrounding property.
- We will make recommendations about ways to improve sanitation around your home.
- We will stop many pests before they are able to get into your home.
- We will use Mechanical controls and glue boards as necessary.
- We will use Cultural controls such as trimming tree limbs and shrubs so that they do not come into direct contact with the structure of your home.
- We will use Biological controls such as aphids and pheromones as needed.
- We will only use carefully measured levels of low impact materials if and when their use is required for the safety and health of your family and pets.
- We will continue to educate and communicate with you.
Option #2 The Green Plus Program
This option makes use of organic compounds with the judicious application of low impact materials as a backup as needed. Our first line of defense is with a selection of organic compounds that are used on an as needed basis, along with our standard low impact materials to fortify those compounds as a backup. We will also use other aspects of the Integrated Pest Management Program as well.
Option #3 The All Green Program
All Green is our 100% organic program. With its unprecedented Margin of Safety, this program uses only natural plant oils and extracts that are deemed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as GRAS – Generally Recognized As Safe and are further approved for consumption by humans. These plant oils specifically target receptors that don’t exist in mammals and as such are safe for you and your pet.
It is important to know that 100% eradication and control is highly unlikely with this program.